Saturday 1 October 2011

How To Peel A Head Of Garlic In Less Than 10 Seconds

Saveur Magazine's Executive Food Editor, Todd Coleman, shows you how to peel a whole head of garlic in less than ten seconds.



Vimeo link

7 comment(s):

soubriquet said...

Thank you for that. I always think a day when I learn a new thing is a day not wasted. Now I'm going out to buy some garlic.... mmmm and some chicken....
Oh, feeling hungry already.

Anna said...

Oh, I wish I'd known about this years ago, would have saved time and frustration, lol.
Thanks for posting this clip, I'll certainly be trying this method from now on.

B....... said...

I'm an expert garlic peeler but didn't know this trick. I too will be giving it a try right now....

Anonymous said...

This "trick" seems like a fake to me. Has anyone tried it?

B....... said...

I'm back. Yes, it works great. I had only one big steel bowl, so I covered it with a pizza pan. Yes, you must shake the hell out of it, but all cloves were perfectly peeled after 10 seconds. I think a big sugar or coffee tin, with top, would work too.

Noumenon said...

Did not work, very disappointed.

Noumenon said...

I got it to work this time. I think the smashing part is key; I used a can of peas this time since my hand wouldn't work.