Saturday 25 June 2011

Tribe On Papua New Guinea Meets White Man For The First Time

Incredible video of the Toulambi tribe on Papua New Guinea meeting a white man for the first time. This was filmed in 1976. It's a 15-minute video but it's worth watching it.

12 comment(s):

ramonimo said...

It is said that the video is a fake one. You could find the frech source clicking on my nick.

Anna said...

It isn't a fake, I remember watching this in a documentary several years ago. It's incredibly moving and spiritual and I envy the guys who were able to make contact with this fascinating tribe.
Thank you to Presurfer for posting it for us to see.

John said...

Obviously Ramonimo is right, it seems to be fake...what a pity, was a very moving video.

Raptor said...

It doesn't look fake to me. Why should it be fake?

pterosonus said...

If you think this is fake, what is your source and proof? Same if you think this is real.
If this is real (and I see no reason to beleive it's not), then it's about the most remarkable and moving film I've ever seen. Even if it's fake or staged, remember, life and everything in it is miraculous. We should all see the world with such wonder and amazement EVERY DAY.

Anna said...

I have already said that this film clip is NOT a fake.
So for all you sceptics out there .... http://jpdutilleux.com/collections/toulambi.html

Anonymous said...

Sorry to burst your bubble Anna...Fake...http://skyvington.blogspot.com/2011/06/human-contacts.html

Anna said...

Intriguing Anonymous. IF you are correct, then you would think that a major British broadcasting company would be more sure of their facts. I am now sitting on the fence with this one.

Rojo said...

I think that is a fake, almost the last part of the video. I can't imagine such a camera recording images like the final ones in 1976.

Anonymous said...

Wow, Anna, I kinda feel sorry for you, it seems you just can't let go.
Just try to do some research about Dutilleux on Google and you'll find that you won't find much info. In fact, you find either his video or articles saying it's fake. Take a look at this one:
http://skyvington.blogspot.com/2011/06/human-contacts.html

andie said...

I wondered about the camera ease myself. Seemed pretty advanced for the time. Also the easy good bye at the end. Well done anyway.

Anonymous said...

they are actors..they are in other films as well ....read the updates and comments from the blogger on the link which starts with skyvington.the films are listed