Thursday 26 July 2007

How The Mafia Works

The Mafia has controlled everything from the street corner drug trade to the highest levels of government. Glorified by movies and television, hounded by law enforcement officials, marked for death by their enemies, mobsters live violent and often brief lives. The Mafia at its core is about one thing - money. Still, there are secret rituals, complicated rules and tangled webs of family loyalty.

In this article from 'How Stuff Works' you'll find out how people get into the Mafia, what the Mafia does and what law enforcement agencies have done to stop them. You'll also learn about the important people and events that have shaped this not-so-secret society.

1 comment(s):

Philipp Lenssen said...

When I went to that site, the first thing I got was an auto-forward (yep, I didn't click anywhere) to an advertiser's site, which then popped up a giant JavaScript "alert" with some notice. Clicking back, I managed to load the page, but suddenly another ad would start auto-playing "yohooo" sounds (I think a smiley was trying to sell me something). Ouch, I'll steer clear of howstuffworks!