Monday 4 May 2015

How Old Do I Look?


With the help of Microsoft's newly released Face detection API's, 'How Old Do I Look?' is a page that guesses your age by looking at a picture of you. You can upload a picture of yourself and have the API predict the age and gender of any faces recognized in that picture. You can also look for photos of people on the Internet and use these.

Sometimes it's quite right but as with all of these entertaining gadgets, you could be disappointed with the result. I uploaded a photo of myself and it said I was 52. That's not right but I admit I've always looked much younger.

3 comment(s):

Paul van der Hart said...

I was estimated to be a 73 y/o woman. I'm a 55 y/o man. Stupid gizmos....

Mark G said...

Apparently this service is used by Microsoft for targeted advertising by using the metadata in the image

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/05/01/microsoft_facial_recognition_age_estimation_metadata_harvesting/

Gareth said...

Unbelievably hopeless. Three similar but seperate photos taken off me on the same day have a 25 year variation. A photo of someone else was out by almost eighty percent. Worse still I found you can change the reported age significantly by altering brightness and contrast.