Wednesday 20 March 2013

All Comments Will Be Moderated From Now On

Dear readers. Lately The Presurfer has seen an increase in visitor numbers, up to 50,000 to 60,000 each day. Which also means an increase in spam comments. About 80% of these comments are caught in a spam filter but some of them keep slipping through. And some of them are offensive or sexually explicit. Since The Presurfer is a child-friendly weblog I can't allow this to happen.

Up until now, comments older than 1 day were moderated. From now on all comments will be moderated. Since I'm not in front of my computer 24/7, your comment will still be shown, just a little later. I'm sorry for any inconvenience but I don't want a child to read a comment with a link to adult content.

31 comment(s):

Anonymous said...

Gracias por tu preocupación, this is the reason that I consider this page very important for a lot of people. We can find here a lot of awesome things, but at the sime time always keeping the honesty. Thanks from México.

Anonymous said...

I'm cool with that Gerard :) After all these years I still appreciate the effort you put into this blog.

Groetjes!

Anonymous said...

Great great and thanks so much

Charlestonjoan said...

It is a nuisance isn't it? I finally had to add word verification and I hate that. Thanks for all the fun reads!

oddXian said...

very much appreciate your diligence and concern - blessings to you!

Rochelle said...

Thank you. This is yet another reason why I like to read YOUR blog each day!

Dave said...

Spam has been hitting comment sections all over the web. Do what'cha gotta do to keep 'em out.

Anonymous said...

Thank-you for this, and thank-you for your continued effort.

Φοίνικας said...

Although, the moderation of the comments is a little inconvient, it's something that has to be done! Do what ever have to do to keep the spammers out! All we who like to read your blog I don't think you are going to have any problem.

Miss Cellania said...

Congratulations on the traffic, Gerard!

That said, even smaller Blogger blogs are being hit really bad with spam right now. My site has fewer visitors than ever, but spam creeps into the published comments every day. The bots are getting creative, and Google is not keeping up. When it gets to the point where I'm spending more time policing comments than I spend posting, I'm giving up.

Wizard said...

I was shocked to see the comment left yesterday and thought to myself, Gerard isn't going to allow this to continue. Great job on improving an already fantastic site.

Criggo said...

Thank you Gerard! You are awesome!

andiscandis said...

Thanks!

Ima said...

What do you mean, you're not in front of your computer 24/7?!?!?

Just kidding! Thanks for all you do, Gerard.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for keeping this a wonderful daily site for me !

Michael said...

Thanks Gerard. Much appreciated!

scritx said...

Thanks! I did not know that this page was expressly child-friendly
Now I'll pass it being sure that they will enjoy it safely

Snuffel said...

Gelijk heb je. @#^%^%spammers

Sean said...

Sounds fair to me!

Anonymous said...

Good luck! I run hackaday and as we grew we went through several changes on how we handle comment moderation. Right now we have a pretty good system in place but I think it is wordpress based. I still spend a decent portion of my day dealing with pending comments.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Gerard from my daughter and i for keeping this site clean and suitable for all and posting such fantastic links

Anonymous said...

Thank you. I wish more sites would be as considerate.

Noumenon said...

I guess you figured out how to get more legitimate comments! I've been wishing this site would hit critical mass to have comments on every post.

Taylor Bara said...

Here is the most important info https://pro-homework-help.com/blog/homeschooling-pros-and-cons in your life. Choose wisely!

Unknown said...

pakistani suits/
pakistani suits
pakistani suits/
pakistani suits
pakistani suits/
pakistani suits/
pakistani suits/

Unknown said...

urdu Solicitors
urdu Solicitors
urdu Solicitors
urdu Solicitors
urdu Solicitors

Unknown said...

urdu Solicitors/
urdu Solicitors
urdu Solicitors
urdu Solicitors
urdu Solicitors
urdu Solicitors

Unknown said...

urdu Solicitors
urdu Solicitors
urdu Solicitors
urdu Solicitors
urdu Solicitors
urdu Solicitors

Unknown said...

urdu Solicitors/
urdu Solicitors
urdu Solicitors
urdu Solicitors
urdu Solicitors
urdu Solicitors
urdu Solicitors

foodnetworkss said...


Thanks for sharing please help of my website pakistani rishta
Thanks for sharing please help of my website pakistan no1 marriage site

GovtAssistances said...

Getting a free government iPhone is possible through government assistance programs like Lifeline. To apply, check your eligibility and provide the required documentation. Lifeline ensures that those in need have access to essential communication.