Friday 20 July 2012

Dominic Giamo Changes A Tire For A Muslim Man

'What Would You Do?' is an American television broadcast on ABC and hosted by John Quinones. The show is about setting up everyday scenarios that reflect on how people react, why they react, and when they decide to. In this scenario an actor playing a Muslim man has troubles changing his car tire. Will someone help? And then a wonderful young man named Dominic Giamo appears.



YouTube link

(thanks Callie)

6 comment(s):

Hazy Davy said...

Dominic Giamo is an impressive guy.

Anonymous said...

Inspiring.

NotMarian said...

Great guy! I wish more people acted out of love.
But I have to say, I don't think people ignored him because he appeared to be Muslim. I think they didn't help him because he's male and they probably thought that he didn't really need help. People always assume that women need help.
Also, I don't know how many people know that the white cap represents Islam. I wouldn't have.

Ima said...

I agree that his being a dude probably had more to do with anything than his headgear. Still, though...Dominic is a great kid. If I were his mom I would be so proud.

Anonymous said...

As the song says, "let there be peace on Earth, and let it begin with me." The world could be a wonderful place if more exhibited such compassion and acceptance of others.

Anonymous said...

I don't think I would assume that a guy with that nice of a car would be that helpless to change a tire. I'd walk by thinking he had woes but not about the tire. Besides, as someone else has pointed out, that cap doesn't always mean Muslim. The kid is a super nice guy, but, he's engaging in generalizations and stereotyping too when he says "people want to...". Sorry, but it'll be a cold day in hell before any of these trite and contrived morality tests by Quinones can induce me to feel sorrier for Muslim men than Muslim women, women, Muslim girls, girls, Muslim gays, gays, or poor of any persuasion. And how about if my sister had offered to change his tire for him? Yeah, I didn't think so. --A.