Friday 1 June 2012

Back Home From The Hospital

I'm back home from the hospital. The operation took place yesterday around noon and because there are no complications and I'm feeling fine, they sent me home this afternoon. I'm still a little weak and I do have some pain but that's normal after they cut four holes in my belly.

I'm overwhelmed by the number of reactions. For the past hour I've been reading all of them and I still have to take a look at all the e-mails I received. I deeply appreciate your kind words. I never expected this. Thank you so very much!

Blogging will commence tomorrow.

48 comment(s):

cynx56 said...

welcome back. so glad it went well. take your time & focus on recuperating. :)

Charlestonjoan said...

Glad to hear it! I speedy recovery.

Anonymous said...

Go slow - we're patient! Glad to hear you're healing well!

Dan said...

Well about bloody time! Only joking, super stoked to have you back! Your favourite New Zealand follower. Herbie

Anonymous said...

So happy that you're back!
Missed you terribly!

melissa said...

So glad you're back! Take care of yourself!

Miss Rare said...

Piece of cake, wasn't it? Tomorrow will be the worst day. Keep the painkillers ready....Good luck on your recovery!

SanyoSoup said...

Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Blog Agil95 said...

nice post :)

High Power Rocketry said...

Welcome back!

Anonymous said...

Great that you are home. Rest and take care of yourself.
mary

lecram said...

glad you're back and on the mend.

Wizard said...

Welcome home my Dutch friend, glad all is well.

Frank said...

Take it easy. Healing is something you can't rush.

Get well soon.

Michael said...

Hurray!!

Dave said...

Get well soon, dude

Marnie said...

Take good care of yourself and get lots of rest! Greetings and best wishes from Toronto.

Anonymous said...

Glad you're out of the hospital, Gerard. We need our daily dose of diversion.
Take care,
Dave

laura b. said...

Wonderful to hear that you are home and doing so well!

Anonymous said...

I'm not one for posting much, but take care and a speedy recovery to you.
I've been reading and ENJOYING your blog for about 7 years now.

Salamanda said...

Feel better soon. You will feel so much better not having that gallbladder, anyway.

sandy said...

I am Glad the procedure went well! I am also glad you are at home recovering. Take it easy, get some rest.
Regards,
Sandy

Anonymous said...

Hello Gerard,

Je consulte ton blog tous les jours depuis plusieurs années, un vrai plaisir..!
Mais repose toi vraiment, j'étais aussi à l'hôpital il n'y a pas longtemps, donc du repos !...
On peut se passer de notre "daily dose" quelques jours encore...
Porte toi bien
FB.

Shlomo said...

Best wishes!!
Take Care

Heiko said...

Dear Gerald,
take your daily dose of painkillers and get well soon to provide us all again with our daily dose of diversion. Over the years your site has become one of my favorite site! Really missing your posts.
My best wishes!

NotMarian said...

I'm glad the operation went well! Rest up and get well soon.

Anonymous said...

Great news, glad to hear you're home and doing well. :)

Anonymous said...

Welcome back !

holymotherofgod said...

Oh my I didn't know you were pregnant also! =) Welcome back, and in 10 days I believe I am also getting a hole in my belly. I wish you a speedy recovery sir!

Manu said...

Great to hear good news. Welcome back :D

Anonymous said...

Writing from Cambridge, MA to wish you a speedy recovery!

YetAnotherDave said...

It took them four holes to find the right spot?! Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

mdrosen said...

As everyone else said so nicely: welcome back and please get better soon! Don't push yourself too hard. Take care.

Anonymous said...

hurry back soon, wishing you well

Seapixy said...

Greetings from Newark NJ - Wishing you a speedy recovery and get well soon!!

stephanie said...

Good news! Glad everything went well.

tony m said...

Good to see it all went fine for you mate. wish you a speedy recovery.

Anonymous said...

Simple the best...

Táxi Pluvioso said...

Hope you're feeling well.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear it went well from Montreal.

Take the time off that you need

Anonymous said...

Take care of yourself.

Anonymous said...

Gerard,

Best wishes from Maryland (USA)!

Looking forward to the return of Presurfer, but please take the time you need to fully recover.

Cheers,

Tom

cozymax said...

glad to hear that in Japan! I am looking forward to reading a new post.

Pino said...

Hi Gerard, I'm glad to hear that the operation went well and that you're doing fine. I wish you all the best.

Mine is a Gin said...

Glad to hear you're back home. May your recovery continue apace!

dstroy said...

yay! Glad to hear things went smoothly!

the author said...

Excellent to know you made it through -- rest up and feel better.

lassy said...

So glad you are home again and all went well.I love your site and having 5 kids it's great to share without having to worry about unsuitable material.Plus they are learning while having fun.Thank you for running this site :)