Wednesday 10 August 2011

Creepy Anti-Cable Ad From The 70's

An 'anti-cable' television ad from the 70's (then known as Pay-TV) to discourage viewers to support cable television. Ironically, they encouraged people to support the movie theaters.



YouTube link

(via J-Walk Blog)

2 comment(s):

Anonymous said...

Cable TV (I don't ever remember calling it Pay TV and I am from the '50's) only used to be used in areas where only fringe or no reception was available such as where we would vacation in the mountains or down at the seashore far from broadcast towers. Now it is a "necessity" for many people so they can receive 300 channels and find nothing to watch. I only had cable for a short time about 20 years ago @ about $10.00 per month, and never bothered with it again. I live about 10 miles outside of one the US's largest cities and get uncompressed true HD for free for those times when I want to view non commercial TV like PBS. I can't stand mind numbing commercials!

indium said...

so great blog