Wednesday 18 May 2011

City Music

City Music is an art project by Dutch designer Akko Goldenbeld. He has created a scale model of the city of Eindhoven in the Netherlands (Eindhoven is not far from where I live) and assigned it the role of sound recorder; the buildings create a score.

Placed on a revolving wooden cylinder the buildings set little hammers in motion that play the keys of a piano, translating the urban developers' three dimensional reality into an aural experience.



YouTube link

2 comment(s):

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, but this is just a dumb idea. What is the purpose? To detect how much disharmony there is by registering the various geographical location of the city's buildings? That makes absolutely no sense. Hi! I'm Akko Goldenbeld! Would you like to take an aural tour Eindhoven? Trust me! You'll never experience it like this again! Trust me, after HEARING it once, I'm HOPING the city is much nicer VISUALLY.

Anonymous said...

Good idea, poor execution