Thursday 21 April 2011

The First Television Remote Control

Young people won't probably believe this but back when TV really mattered, you had to get up to change channels. I do remember but that's because I'm old. Here's a 1961 promotional movie introducing the first television remote control.



YouTube link

(thanks Cora)

6 comment(s):

Betsy said...

there obviously was no need to change channels as you only had one in those days WHOEHAA!!

Betsy said...

oops in the end they DO change channels....
The woman reminds me of my mum in those days hahaha

NotMarian said...

I love the glittery styrofoam star!

Anonymous said...

If that's "Living color" I'd hate to know what "Dead Color" was like.

Anonymous said...

They had color TV in 1961? Huh. We didn't get ours until 1972.

WordyGrrl said...

From what I remember, the reason people had kids was so they'd have somebody to change the channels for them.