Thursday 24 March 2011

Petite Lap Giraffes


From Sokoblovsky Farms in Russia:
Petite Lap Giraffes are very funny animal that require special care. They need lots of love. Hugs and kisses every day. Otherwise they make tears. Size: adult is 76 centimeters, baby is 15 centimeters tall.

Weight is 4.5kg unless the giraffe is fat cow then 5.44kg. Diet: distilled water and bonsai tree leaves. Petite Lap Giraffes love being indoors in filtered air conditioning. If they can listen to music of Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov it is dream.
Of course, this is either an April Fool's joke or a marketing campaign. I go for the latter since the domain petitelapgiraffe.com was registered a month ago by Grey Global Group, a New York Marketing firm.

14 comment(s):

Will said...

It's from the DirecTV commercial where the nuveau riche Russian guy goes "opulence I has it". he has a little CGI giraffe on a pillow on his couch

Anonymous said...

It's as real as you want it to be...

But I did some digging into the 'petite lap giraffe' and discovered a few background details about the animal.

Perhaps you've already seen my post on this topic?

Unknown said...

DirectTV viral ad. Clever, cute - my wife wants a lap giraffe too :)

Unknown said...

OK I FEEL REALLY STUPID..I'M SENDING THE LINK OUT SAYING THEY R REAL..CAN'T WAIT FOR THE JOKES

The Nag said...

Too bad. I'd love to have a few of these.

Anonymous said...

Funny little fellas. I'd have one over a lapdog anyday. Put your order in for one and you might get it in about a million years.

Dave said...

Can I get it on a stick?

Unknown said...

What are you guys talking about...these are totally real...I just talked to a company and put a down payment of $4,000.00. Should have it in about 3 weeks they said. I just had to give them my SS# and credit card info...easy!

Anonymous said...

Dude you're gonna get scammed

Anonymous said...

Dude, no duh he was being sarcastic.

Anonymous said...

Why would this make me want to sign up for DirecTv? I think a lot of this 'subversive', 'viral', etc. advertising is a waste of money

Anonymous said...

i want one.

Anonymous said...

To the person who wrote: "Dude you're gonna get scammed",
You should try ordering that new machine from Mongolia that creates intelligence out of Pop Rocks.

Anonymous said...

so are these things real or not?!? i am so confuesed!! ahh but I want one