Thursday 24 February 2011

Tall Painting

Directing, cinematography, and editing by Dave Kaufman. Painting by Holton Rower.



YouTube link

(via Everlasting Blort)

8 comment(s):

Anonymous said...

Man, this looks damn´ fine... I want to bite in it!

NotMarian said...

The Paintings of Holton Rower and Friends

Anonymous said...

not to be a stickler, NotMarian, but the film's own credits do not acknowledge "and friends", attributing the work to Holton Rower alone. Gerard isn't in a position to assume that needs to be 'corrected'.

Anonymous said...

This is not art! Yes, it is pretty and colorful but it does not meet any objective standard for art. It reminds me of the spin "art" I would do as a child at the state fair.

Anonymous said...

wondering what kind of paint are they using? Acrylic? Water color? Latex?

Anonymous said...

I don't think NotMarian was correcting Gerard, or the title of the post....I think he/she was refering to the fact that only one person IS being credited on the film, yet it's obviously a group effort.

Marlys Hesch Sebasky said...

Hmm...if art is supposed to make you think, then this is art. As I watched, I thought about how excessive we humans are...that much paint, that many humans involved...how it'd be fun or cool ONCE, but obviously this isn't the first of these "paintings". Also, I thought about how easily fascinated we are to watch paint run for over 3 minutes.

Anonymous said...

Beats most of the crap posted on Flikr that folks try to pass off as "art".