Sunday 23 January 2011

Interactive 360 Video Taken From A Helicopter


Fly in a Helicopter over Nimmo Bay Fishing & Wilderness Resort and a 150 mile track of the Beautiful British Columbia coastal mainland. Hover over pristine waterfalls, race down rivers and over oceans, explore 10,000 year old glaciers, forests, snow capped mountains reaching through clouds and amazing fishing spots secluded and hidden away from the world.

You can control the view of the camera the whole time. Look up, down, and completely behind you by clicking and dragging on the video once it is playing.

(thanks Cora)

7 comment(s):

Anonymous said...

Here is a 360ยบ picture from an helicopter
http://www.abaco-digital.es/virtual.php?src=helico_rodellar

Brian K said...

I liked the idea of being able to control the PTZ camera, but I'm not so sure that it visually worked. The image was very choppy and took forever to load. I suspect they merely took a three hundred and sixty degree frame, mounted high speed cameras at each angle, and then went for a flight. Each section of the "filmed" area is less than twenty seconds and very disjointed.

Anonymous said...

@brian k
It played perfectly smooth for me. Maybe you need a better internet connection or a better computer with a faster cpu? For my user experience it wasn't disjointed at all, but i guess you are allowed your opinion..

I thought this was amazing!

Anonymous said...

You may be correct Brian K, but it ran fine for me, maybe a little chop if I panned quickly. I've got a good connection and a new i7 cpu.

For older models it might be less of a visual experience, but for me it was a great interactive film.

Brian K said...

Yeah, I know I need a new computer. Mines an old Dell XP400 which was REALLY fast when I bought it in 2006, but I've got fiberoptic for internet. I found out my kids were watching netflix on the wii and my teenager was on her computer surfing the net as well. Maybe too much for my little router to handle.

Bruce Hammond said...

This was really something! I hope to see more of these 360 degree movies.

Unknown said...

I appreciate your sharing information. We know that internet users are available in the world. Different type of routers are available in the market. I have been using Asus router for internet connection. Recently I reset the router but after resetting asus router login not working and for that problem could not get any internet connection.