Sunday 7 November 2010

The Human Towers Of The Castellers

image credit

No one is quite sure but at some point in the 18th century someone in the Valls, near the Catalonian city of Tarragona dreamed of a tower of a castle (castell in Catalonian). Yet he may not have been an architect or an engineer: his tower was made of people.

(thanks Robert-John)

3 comment(s):

Spooky said...

Wow Gerard, you must really like Kuriositas...every little thing they post gets reposted by you, which seems a little weird. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice blog, but so is Atlas Obscura, for example, but I don't see you posting links to it every day. Plus, this particular post (and many others, for that matter) were published elsewhere just a few weeks ago. You could try being a bit more selective...

Anonymous said...

Well, in fact Catalonia is in Spain.

Gerard said...

Spooky, it has nothing to do with being more selective. Robert-John, who owns Kuriositas, sends me links to his articles since a couple of years.

They are good articles so I don't see any reason not to post them. And I don't post links to Kuriositas every day. Neither do I post links to millions of other sites.