Friday 19 November 2010

Coolest Grandmother In The World


A few years ago, French photographer Sacha Goldberger found his 91-year-old Hungarian grandmother Frederika feeling lonely and depressed. To cheer her up, he suggested that they shoot a series of outrageous photographs in unusual costumes, poses, and locations. Grandma reluctantly agreed, but once they got rolling, she couldn't stop smiling.

With the unexpected success of this series, titled 'Mamika,' Goldberger created a MySpace page for his grandmother. She now has over 2,200 friends and receives messages like: 'You're the grandmother that I have dreamed of, would you adopt me?' and 'You made my day, I hope to be like you at your age.'

1 comment(s):

Ima said...

What a sweet story! This has set my mood for the rest of the day. Thanks, Gerard!