Sunday 3 October 2010

New Header

See the shiny new header up there? It was made by Presurfer reader Phosphor.
I think it's absolutely beautiful. Thank you very much, Phosphor.

Several readers have emailed me that they have seen that picture of the waves before.
They are right. The picture is in the public domain and was created by Japanese artist Katsushika Hokusai in 1831. It is called 'The Great Wave off the Coast of Kanagawa.'

12 comment(s):

cynx56 said...

well done! :)

Rob said...

Snappy!

Manuel said...

First, Happy Birthday - I know I'm a little late. Second - the header looks great and fits with the surroundings. Very nicely done.

Custopootimus said...

I love it. I miss the splat a little, but this header truly fits the site so much better. Fantastic redesign, by the way. Also, a very happy tenth anniversary! I've seventeen now and I've been a reader of this blog since I was thirteen.

Namowal (Jennifer Bourne) said...

I like it too.

Duncanr said...

I love your site - it' sone of the first I check each morning - and the new design is a vast improvement on the old one

But please, please go a bit further and get rid of these 'boxes'

The old design must rank as one of the ugliest ever - being reminiscent of a newspaper from the old Wild West of the USA.

The new design is better- but seems largely to consist of the same old shitty design minus the boring sepia background colour.

The content of your site is first class - don't spoil it with a boring, outdated design.

Get rid of these box frames - clean white space is much more appealing to the eye. Just saying !!!

Phos± said...

@duncanr...
The way I see it, if you're feeling that strongly about it, maybe you'd like to volunteer to create a new template, or edit Gerard's current one so it's more to your taste?

Just sayin'... :o)

Gerard said...

@duncanr...
Sorry you don't like the new design. As always, I can't please everbody.

I'm very happy with the new design. It was done by a San Francisco based designer who works at Google. She knows very well what's outdated or not.

Táxi Pluvioso said...

Nice. Good work.

Pitoche said...

Lovely new header!

and Happy Birthday!!

Ima said...

I like the antique-y look!

Anonymous said...

Very spiffy, I like it! Keep up the great posts!