Saturday 6 March 2010

Trololololololo Video Explained


Yesterday morning I posted this video. Later that day I got an email from Presurfer reader Blake who said that an explanation to the meaning and origin of this video can be found on Justin Smith's blog. He also said he found the link to Justin's blog on Neatorama.

In short, the man singing is Eduard Khil. The song he is interpreting, 'I Am So Happy to Finally Be Back Home,' is an Ostrovskii composition, and it is meant to be sung in the vokaliz style, that is to say sung, but without words.

Read the whole story at Justin Smith's blog.

4 comment(s):

Danna said...

Love it.

Check these out and leave a comment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vvvwijz3BI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=carsmnfoPw4

Anonymous said...

Actually, "Edward Hill" is an americanization of the gentleman's real name: Eduard Khil.

Anonymous said...

When asked about being an internet sensation:
"I haven't heard anything about it. It's nice, of course!
Thereby hangs a tale about this song. Lyrics were written for it, but they were poor. I mean, they were good, but one couldn't publish them at that time. They contained words like these: "I'm riding my stallion, so-and-so mustang, and my beloved Mary is thousand miles away knitting a stocking for me". Of course, we failed to publish it at that time, and we, Arkady Ostrovsky and I, decided to make it a vocalise. But the essence remained in the title. Yes, it's a little prankish – it has no lyrics, so we had to make up something for people would listen to it, and so there was an interesting arrangement.
—Eduard Khil
taken from Wikipedia

duckofdoom said...

http://trololololololololololo.com/
non-stop