Sunday 7 March 2010

7 Ways People Woke Up, Pre-Alarm Clock

I threw my alarm clock out of the door the moment I retired from work. But in the old days, when there were no alarm clocks, how did people wake up?

Roosters, I hear you say! Nope! Roosters will (and do) 'cock a doodle doo' all night long, if they're awake. So, how did people wake up?

4 comment(s):

Anonymous said...

When did your site turn into a "10 facts you really don't need to know and could lookup on every other stupid blog" website? Sold yourself out? Well as for me I can't see your stupid adverts anyway, thankgod for adblock, and in your case I don't even have a bad conscience...

Gerard said...

Thank you for your intelligent comment, anonymous.

My site did not turn into anything... it has always had the same look and feel.

As for the adverts. The reason you don't see them is because there are none.

Anonymous said...

Funny, Ars technica just wrote about why you should have a bad conscience.

http://arstechnica.com/business/news/2010/03/why-ad-blocking-is-devastating-to-the-sites-you-love.ars

alarm clocks said...

in some countries, people think that roosters were lucky, probably cause people with roosters woke before other people and got there goods to market sooner and therefore became more successful, early bird gets the worm