Thursday 26 November 2009

The Psychology Of Mass Shootings


The Fort Hood shootings were shocking, but hardly an anomaly. Mass killings have had a long and painful history in the United States. The motivations for these occurrences vary and Newsweek asked experts about the various motivations that can lead to these tragedies.

From conspiracy and copycat killers to those motivated by the heat of passion, this slideshow explores the many different reasons mass killers strike.

(thanks Taylor)

2 comment(s):

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your two nods to the USA today:

"How to Carve a Turkey", and "The Psychology of Mass Shootings."

From your story quote: "Mass killings have had a long and painful history in the United States."

What about Scotland?.......

(You should have a little richer history tidbits there....)

Anyway, why don't you find another holiday that doesn't involve America, and pick on it?

Your posts are an anomaly, Dr. Jeckyl.

Todd

Gerard said...

For your information Todd, it's not from USA Today, it's from Newsweek. And it's not my story! It's a link to an article someone else wrote. So it's not my quote either.

That's what this blog does. The Presurfer links to all kind of articles on the Internet. Some posts you may like, some you may not. You obviously didn't like this one. So be it!

You have the right to tell me that in the comments and you did. And I respect your opinion.

But don't accuse me of picking on America. I am not! I like America! If you knew me, you would know that.