Wednesday 15 July 2009

Music Is A Visible Thing

I'm usually not very impressed with TV commercials unless they give me a good laugh. Here's a commercial that doesn't make you laugh at all, it'll probably give you goosebumbs.

It's from Thai Television for Pantene hair care products. The story of a deaf and mute girl who learns to play the violin against all odds. Very touching.



(thanks Cora)

5 comment(s):

Unknown said...

What does that mean? Touching but a little bit stupid...

Prem said...

Nice Commercial. Which music is she playing? Bach? Vivaidi?

Gerard said...

I believe she's playing Pachelbel's Canon in D major.

bundle said...

I guess I'm using the wrong shampoo.

NotMarian said...

It means that I find it to be touching, but it's kind of heavy handed. At the end, when her hair is whipping around (because we have to have some lovely hair footage for a pantene commercial) it just seems ridiculous to me.