Saturday 25 July 2009

The Longest Solar Eclipse Of The Century


Last Wednesday, the moon passed directly in front of the sun, causing a total solar eclipse that crossed nearly half the Earth - through Nepal, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Myanmar and China. It was the longest total solar eclipse of the 21st century, lasting as much as 6 minutes and 39 seconds in a few areas.

Despite cloudy skies in many of the populated areas in the path, millions of people gathered outside to gaze up and view this rare event. Collected here are a few images of the eclipse, and those people who came out to watch.

2 comment(s):

Anonymous said...

I am the sort of hombre who passions to seek original stuff. Presently I'm manufacturing my personalized photovoltaic panels. I am doing it all alone without the aid of my men. I'm using the net as the only path to acheive that. I encountered a really awesome site which explains how to make photovoltaic panels and wind generators. The internet site explains all the steps required to solar panel construction.

I am not sure bout how precise the information given there is. If some people over here who have xp with these things can have a peak and give your feedback in the page it will be grand and I would extremely value it, cause I truly take an interest in solar panel construction.

Thanks for reading this. You people rock.

Anonymous said...

I am the sort of guy who passions to seek hot things. Presently I'm manufacturing my own photovoltaic panels. I am doing it all by myself without the aid of my men. I am using the net as the only way to acheive that. I ran across a really brilliant site which explains how to build pv panels and so on. The website explains all the steps involved in photovoltaic panel construction.

I'm not sure bout how precise the info given there is. If some experts over here who have xp with these things can have a see and give your feedback in the site it would be great and I would highly treasure it, because I truly love solar panel construction.

Tnx for reading this. U people are the best.