Saturday 18 July 2009

iBum Chair Automatically Photocopies Your Butt


Since the invention of the photocopier, office clowns around the world have been united in a single desire. Thousands of pranksters annually drop their strides or hike their skirts and enjoy the age-old ritual of photocopying their bums for their innocent co-workers to find in the out tray.

Japanese 'interactive designer' Tomomi Sayuda invented the iBum Chair which automatically photocopies your behind. She explains how she came up with the idea:

This project came from 'impact' brief. My initial concern was the news about a naked British streaker who jumped into the Japanese Emperor's palace moat...

For me, impact means positive and humorous reaction. I decided how to represent this principle. This idea development took the longest time of my four projects. I was brainstorming in many ways with some practical developments since October 2008. Finally I came up with the idea of scanning people's bum.

(via Neatorama)

0 comment(s):