Thursday 26 February 2009

The Teenager Audio Test

There's this sound that can generally only be heard by people under the age of 25. It has been used as a deterrent device to keep teenagers from loitering in malls and shops, and sounds similar to a buzzing mosquito.

Try the Teenager Audio Test.
Since I'm older than 25, I failed the test.

16 comment(s):

Anonymous said...

The joke is on all of us !
My sleeping cat can't hear it either .. from a powerful set of headphones close to its ears.

There is no bloody sound !

Anonymous said...

I'm in my 30s and I passed it.

Damn thing is annoying.

Anonymous said...

23/f and I could hear it. Sorry anonymous, but the good news is your cat can go to the gap for as long as it wants

Anonymous said...

I'm 28 and i can hear it!

Anonymous said...

I couldn't hear it because I wasn't going to install a Quicktime plugin.

Anonymous said...

No lie.... I'm 50 and I heard it.... and it is painful.

Namowal (Jennifer Bourne) said...

I'm 40 and can hear it. Whoohooo.

Anonymous said...

38/m, can hear it (and yes, annoying)

Anonymous said...

48, and I can hear it.

Anonymous said...

29 and I can hear it but my 60 year old mother can't.

Anonymous said...

31; not only I can hear it but it made me slightly sick.

Anonymous said...

33, heard it. My wife, 32, heard also.

Anonymous said...

26 in april and can hear it all too well

Anonymous said...

I'm 55 and it hurts my ears. I could hear it with my laptop speaker set on as low as 10 with my husband practicing his guitar in the other room and a TV on and with silence as low as 5. Here's what's funny....I have been in stores and complained about that damn noise and left because of it so they need to cut that crap out!

Anonymous said...

15 and i cant hear it.
sorry. this is just idiotic.

Anonymous said...

15/f and OUCH. I still have a headache. My dad got a kick out of randomly turning it on and seeing if I would react. When I first showed him he thought I was messing with him. x]