Monday 2 February 2009

How To Spot A Canadian



How To Spot A Canadian hopes to chronicle Canadian society, culture and history in a humourous, satirical way by forcing their way through the igloos and the beavers to get to the heart of what it means to be Canadian.


Canadians are a tricky people to distinguish. They are often able to blend into a society and appear to be American, British, French or any other number of nationalities. How To Spot a Canadian will provide you with some tips and tricks to help you recognize a Canadian no matter where you are.

5 comment(s):

mister anchovy said...

Interestingly enough, I've never been mistaken for American British, French or anything but good old Canuck. My friends in America tell me we have a very distinctive accent. One way to distinguish a Canadian is to ask about Canadian Tire money. Most Canadians can not only tell you what it is, they can produce some from wallet or purse.

Miss Cellania said...

Another idea would be to post tips on how to spot an American trying to pass themselves off as Canadian while overseas. They do that so they don't have to listen to people ranting on about Americans.

Anonymous said...

What about their beady little eyes and flapping heads?

nonamedufus said...

This is a funny, funny site, eh? I've now bookmarked it to get a daily dose while I sip my Tim's double-double and eat my Maple donut!

Anonymous said...

I met a girl who, Canadian Flag patch on her bag, claimed to go to BCU - British Columbia University. The real giveaway was the New Joisey accent though.