Saturday 22 November 2008

Mosquito Tone Test

A Mosquito Tone is a cellphone ringtone that uses a constant frequency generally only heard by people under 20. Also known as 'Teen Buzz' or 'Mozzy Tone,' it became popular because parents and teachers usually cannot hear the high-pitched tone when the phones are ringing. After 20, most people's ability to hear these higher frequencies begins to decline.

With the Whipper-Snap-O-Meter you can test yourself whether you can still hear these high-pitched tones.

4 comment(s):

Mine is a Gin said...

Strange. I can hear all of them except the 16Hz sample.
Not as decrepit as I thought I might be!

Anonymous said...

I am OLD - I can only hear up to 13 :-(

Meredith said...

I could only hear the first one. Past 11 and I'm deaf. I'm 48.

Anonymous said...

I'm 33, and I could hear up to and including 14, but that's it. I blame Kurt Cobain.