Monday 7 July 2008

Over Is Right, Under Is Wrong

'Current Configuration' are offering you the first installment of what will be an ongoing series of Essential Life Lessons.

Kicking off this series will be a critical but even-handed examination of a common misunderstanding that occurs in a realm of many misunderstandings: the bathroom. Put simply, there is a right way to hang the toilet paper, and a wrong way.

12 comment(s):

Daddy said...

This excited me far more than it should have. It bugs me when people put the toilet paper roll on in the "under" fashion. Now I feel like I've got some backup for my argument.

Anonymous said...

This is totally incorrect if you have a cat. Over makes it much easier for the cat to pull the paper, whereas under, it is almost impossible.

Anonymous said...

This post more or less fixed my Mondaymorningslighthangover mood. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

It's also not correct if you have a toddler. Over makes it much more likely you'll find the toilet paper spread across the living room.

Anonymous said...

I'm with Joel, I literally get cramp in my shoulders when people put a toilet roll on the wrong way :D

Anonymous said...

And that's all the needs to be said about that.

Anonymous said...

You took the words right out of my mouth Barbwire.

Cat owners must install the toilet paper the "wrong" way.

But, of course, that doesn't help the claw marks in the roll.

Chad said...

I agree with Debbie. We have a house full of toddlers, and we put in our rolls the "bad" way apparently to reduce wasted paper. Toddlers love to unroll them!

Hey Shane said...

Oprah says that you only do the "over" if your TP has a nice design on it. Otherwise, under is the way to go.

Anna said...

I'm with Debbie and Chad - with toddlers in the house, under is the only way to go!

Never had a cat the went after the toilet paper...

A.

Dave said...

Exactly why no toddlers or cats are allowed in my house. Schnauzers, on the other hand, will string it out no matter how it's hung.

Anonymous said...

I'm with Joel. I would love to copy this article into my monthly department newsletter at work.