Sunday 20 July 2008

Oldest Blogger Dies


I just heard the news that the oldest blogger in the world, Olive Riley, of Woy Woy, New South Wales, Australia, died last week at the age of 108. Olive Riley, who began blogging in February 2007, wrote about her early years struggling as a waitress and her life during the two world wars.

I posted about Olive in September 2007.

Messages of condolence have caused her blog, 'The Life of Riley' to crash, although it still displays a moving eulogy from her friend and scribe, Mike Rubbo.

2 comment(s):

Anonymous said...

My mom (75 years young) read Olive's "blob" faithfully and cried when she died. The Eulogy posted was extremely touching and made me cry too.

Anonymous said...

I bet her children/Grand children wld be like...
phew! FINALLY!! :lol: