Saturday 5 July 2008

Global Rich List

I never complain about my income. I have a full-time job with a good salary and I earn a little bit more on the sideways. Yesterday, I checked my exact income and found out I am the 28,508,679th richest person in the world. Which put me in the top 0.47% of richest people in the world.


Every year we gaze enviously at the lists of the richest people in world. Wondering what it would be like to have that sort of cash. But where would you sit on one of those lists? Here's your chance to find out at the Global Rich List.

6 comment(s):

B33PhD1P said...

you make 100 grand a year ? (CAN$)

hmmmm

Anonymous said...

$128,604 (US)

Anonymous said...

Wow - anyone how makes over $25130 US is in the top 10%.

Anonymous said...

If I make $47500 US I'm the 60,000,000 richest person in the world, and I'm in the top 1%. How do they know exactly how many are richer than I am? Did someone count them?

Anonymous said...

I make $55,000 a year and it said that i was in the top .94 percent in the world.

Miss Cellania said...

They don't know, exactly, but they use global statistics that are a few years old. First, assume there are 6 billion people in the world. Then assume that the average global income is $5,000. Even with old statistics, that's probably not far off. Anyone with the wherewithal for a computer and internet access is bound to be doing better than the majority.