Wednesday 16 April 2008

Top 31 TV Sitcom Mothers Of All Time


Where would television be without the sitcom? If one thing is for certain, the situational comedy played a large role in our development while growing up, and perhaps the reason why can be determined by all the great mothers of comedy that played the role of mom to millions of viewers all over the world.

Let's take a look at the best TV mothers of all time.

2 comment(s):

Tom Gleason said...

I wonder how much effort the people who put this list together actually put into determining the "top" mothers of all time as opposed to just a random assortment. The comments about the Addams family show a lack of attention to detail when they refer, to the husband as "Herman". It's Gomez, you fools! Also, I don't recall Gomez having bolts in his neck. That's Herman Munster, you fools! (It's possible that Gomez had bolts too, but I don't think it was a central feature of his persona.)

Also, it's not Morticia's motherly ways that I admire.... If I were Pugsly's friend, I think I'd want to spend a lot of time at his house though.

Anonymous said...

Is it even worth complaining about the poor spelling and shoddy grammar?

Marion always had here nicest close on.

She is the mom every kids wants to have.

That 70's Show enlightened it's viewers

In fact, the whole thing has the fawning tone of a Jackie Harvey column.

That said, Gerard, I still appreciate your work gathering all these diversions every day!