Wednesday 16 April 2008

I Build The Tower


I was one of the bad men in the United States... drunken, all the time a drinkin'. That's why I built the tower for, I quit the drinkin'.
Sam Rodia.

About Simon Rodia and the Watts Towers of South Central Los Angeles.

3 comment(s):

unai said...

You might find interesting this link:
http://es.geocities.com/minusval2000/Catedral_Don_Justo/
its about a man that is building a cathedral. its found in spain, near madrid.

Gerard said...

Thanks unai.

Namowal (Jennifer Bourne) said...

Good link.
I've been a fan of the towers for a long time, but have had trouble finding much info about the builder.
I'm not sure what appeals to me most about the towers. That they were considered an eyesore first, later a treasure? That they were built by one guy? That they were made from discarded, broken stuff?
Makes you wonder what other "garbage" in our lives has such potential.