Tuesday 11 March 2008

The Seekers - The Carnival Is Over

The Seekers were a group of Australian folk-influenced popular musicians. The group was formed in 1962. They were the first Australian popular music group to achieve significant chart and sales success in the United Kingdom and the United States.

Their most famous configuration was with Judith Durham: lead vocals, Athol Guy: double bass, vocals, Keith Potger: twelve string guitar, banjo, vocals, and Bruce Woodley: guitar, mandolin, banjo, vocals.

This video is from their farewell concert in London, July 7 1968. 'The Carnival is Over' was written by Tom Springfield and the melody is based on a old Russian folk song. In my opinion one of the most beautiful songs ever written.



(via Dark Roasted Blend)

4 comment(s):

Anonymous said...

You may be having trouble embedding YouTube Videos???

I once was able to, but now no more for some reason.

At least your posts show have the space where a video should be, mine didn't even have that.

Maybe others CAN see the video, but it's not showing up here. ???

Gerard said...

I'm not sure what you mean. Are you saying you can't see the YouTube videos I am posting here?

Then it must be something on your side, because I can see them.

Anonymous said...

unfortunately I have no problem watching this video.

Anonymous said...

I'm happy you like my video Gerard.
Yes you are right,it's one of the most beautiful songs ever written.

All the best
"Proculled"