Friday 25 January 2008

Cookthink

What am I craving? That's the question we always ask ourselves when thinking about what to eat. So, wouldn't it be cool to have a tool that could listen to what we were craving and then suggest something good to cook?

Cookthink is that tool. To find a recipe based on what you're craving, tell Cookthink what you want, choose ingredients, what kind of cuisine you want and what mood you're in.

For ingredient I chose fish, for dish I chose omelet, for cuisene I decided on Latin-American and for mood sophisticated. Cookthink suggested I try fish tacos with avocado, feta and cabbage.

5 comment(s):

Unknown said...

What an incredible idea! Except for the part where nobody who uses this thing will ever end up actually eating what is suggested. Ever.

cb said...

Thanks for this post, Gerard. And thanks for the comment, jacob. We've had fun building Cookthink and have a ways to go to make the search tool really hum. But why wouldn't you cook and eat these recipes? We try to focus on very do-able recipes, the great majority of which take less than an hour.

You can also search by "mood" tags such as quick, easy-to-clean, junky, hangover-friendly, cheap and so on. We'd love suggestions for more of these -- do you think you'd use a "less than 30 minutes"-ish tag, for example -- and we're hoping to allow you to add your your own tags to the mix pretty soon.

Check it out and let me know what you think. We'd love to hear it.

Thanks again. chip at cookthink dot com.

Dave said...

I did craving for coffee (I just woke up, OK?), bread for ingredient (it put down bread crumbs for some reason), grilled for dish, American cuisine, and a light mood. It gave me "Grilled Portabella Mushrooms". Ugh. I hate mushrooms. I'm gonna go make some butter 'n' toast.

Anonymous said...

Usually I just flip a coin.

Anonymous said...

I think an old Jetson's cartoon had something like that =)