Friday 16 November 2007

Is Santas 'Ho Ho Ho' Offensive To Women?


Santas in Sydney, Australia's largest city, have been told not to use the traditional 'Ho Ho Ho' greeting because it may be offensive to women.

Sydney's Santa Clauses have been instructed to say 'Ha Ha Ha' instead.

8 comment(s):

Vicki said...

As a woman, I say, OMG get over it!

Anonymous said...

I didn't think PC was as common overseas as it is here. This is troubling to hear. Loud opinions being steered with little brains.

Anonymous said...

I think it is only offensive if you are a "ho" and in that case maybe it is time to look to your own behavior and not that of others.

Anonymous said...

Looks like there are too many Ho Ho Ho's in Sydney already and they didn't need any competition.

Anonymous said...

The most rediculous of ideas I have heard yet. And I am FEMALE!

John Sadowski said...

If I ever run into a Santa who says 'ha ha ha' I'm gonna smack 'im!

Anonymous said...

dont be so bleedin daft..talk about finding excuses to meddle in something.....

Anonymous said...

Santa's been saying Hohoho much longer than since the word "whore" was truncated to "ho." Get over it people.