Friday 25 May 2007

500 Years Of Women In Art

500 Years of female portraits in western art.
Great morphing video.

9 comment(s):

Anonymous said...

Fantastic find thanks Gezza.

Anonymous said...

That was a fascinating morph through the ages. I loved it. R

Rob said...

Great video but no Patrick Nagel? Wtf? Ack!!

Pauline Evanosky said...

Just beautiful. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

This was really jaw-dropping to watch! (Maybe it should have been called 500 Years of White Women?) I kept waiting for a face of another. But, I loved watching it - loved it. And it raises interesting questions for me. I don't know enough to identify the paintings or the artists but I wonder what a show would look like if each of the artists was a woman creating an image of woman? In what ways might it look different? Would it look different?

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful! I was completely captivated by the eyes; always full of personality and expression; seemed to be present and alive! I look forward to watching it again. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

To Anonymous:
Re: 500 Years of White Women;
I like the way you think. I would like to see another take on this. Beautiful nonetheless.

Anonymous said...

technically captivating, yes - but I was immediately struck by the absence of any representations of non-white women. of course, this says a lot about "Art History", and should be qualified as "500 Years of Women in Western European Art History".

Anonymous said...

There were no black women, but I noticed several women of Spanish and Asian decent,although, It would have been made all the more beautiful by a little more diversity.