Tuesday 6 September 2011

101 Classic Computer Ads

image credit

This month it's 34 years ago that I bought my first computer in 1977. It was a TRS-80 Model I, as seen in the picture above. The computer was in the keyboard and you loaded and saved your data and programs on cassette tapes.

After that came a TRS-80 Color Computer in 1980 (which I still have), a Dragon 32, a Commodore VIC-20, a Commodore 64, an Amiga 500, and an Amiga 1200. From then on I bought computers assembled from various components.

Here are some ads of the best, the worst, and the weirdest old computers.

3 comment(s):

MicroSourcing said...

Looks like a graphic timeline of computers in the Western world. It's interesting to note how the tablet is revolutionizing how we're manufacturing computers for this era.

Gareth said...

Timex Sinclair 1000? Weird. I never heard of that, but it looks just like a Sinclair ZX81 to me.

Gerard said...

The Timex Sinclair 1000 is the North American version of the Sinclair ZX-81. They are nearly identical, except for the name on the front, and minor motherboard layout differences.