Tuesday 22 October 2013

Mercedes - Autonomous Driving On The Highway

The truly self-driving car will be reality by 2020. The most prominent car at the Frankfurt Auto Show was the Mercedes-Benz S500 Intelligent Drive research vehicle, which a month earlier retraced the first road trip, 103 km (64 miles), taken by the first passenger car in 1888.



YouTube link

(thanks Cora)

4 comment(s):

Anonymous said...

Boring Boring Boring,,,,no thanks.

Marcheline said...

Uh... so it can change lanes. A lot.

What about red lights? What about someone slamming on the brakes in front of you? What about a deer running out in the road at night? What about a faulty wire in the controls of this thing that sends you through the guard rails of a bridge?

No thanks. I'd rather have control of my own vehicle.

Anonymous said...

Maybe the younger generation will like this but I'm old and I LIKE to drive!

Anonymous said...

I once was stuck behind a driver I swore was drunk. As I finally found an opportunity to pass I found it was just a woman driver, texting on her phone. So we definitely needs this kind of technology. Can it come as an iPhone app? LOL!