Friday 9 August 2013

The 10 Weirdest-Named Shark Species

image credit

Sharks often have weird names. For example: the Birdbeak Dogfish. Or the Tasseled Wobbegong. These are real animals. Ditto the flaccid catshark and, perhaps weirdest of all, the porbeagle, which doesn't sound like a fish at all.

3 comment(s):

Vireya said...

Unfortunately, a lot of the interesting-sounding items you link to from "Australian Popular Science" are not visible to Australians. We just get this message:

"Content Not Available in Australia
We're sorry, but due to circumstances surrounding copyright and permissions, we're unable to bring you this particular content item."

Gerard said...

I'm not linking to Australian Popular Science. I'm linking to www.popsci.com, so I don't understand why you get to see the Australian site.

Vireya said...

Interesting - that address redirects me to http://www.popsci.com.au/. Will have to investigate further how I can get around this annoyance.