Tuesday 7 May 2013

Grey Hair Is A Thing Of The Past

image credit: iampeas cc

A cure for grey hair could be available in the future after scientists said they had discovered the secret as to why follicles become discoloured as we grow older. Scientists found people who are going grey build up hydrogen peroxide in the hair follicle, which causes hair to bleach itself from the inside out.

This could be reversed by an antioxidant cocktail that allows re-pigmentation of the hair. The discovery was actually made whilst investigating the skin disease vitiligo, the condition which Michael Jackson suffered from.

2 comment(s):

LadyBelle said...

Instead of turning grey, my hair is developing really metallic looking silver strands like my father has. Personally I think they look really cool and the few I have, I'd rather not cover up. A coworker of mine has gone from a dark brown, to pure snow white. Not everyone panics about a few grey hairs, and some of us cherish them. While having options is good, I think it's a shame that things like this seem to want to make people fear aging and shame them into getting medical things done that are unnecessary.

Anonymous said...

I earned every one of my grey hairs. I'll be keeping them, thanks.