Thursday 8 December 2011

So True


(via reddit)

8 comment(s):

Anonymous said...

* Every time

Anonymous said...

well, yeah. that and 'incorrectly' (instead of 'wrong');

this is actually a heavily corrected version. it originally had other mistakes (ex. 'suppose' originally, now changed to 'supposed', "its" instead of "it's"...), which have been since been corrected.

still has some errors though.
it should also be "which is" rather than "that is"

Dave said...

that's, not that is

Monkey106 said...

I think Will Ferrell said it best:

"Whenever someone spells something wrong, I always look to see if the two letters are close on the computer jeyboard"

Gareth said...

@Anonymous on what basis did you decide it should be "which is"? I would consider in this case we are dealing with a restrictive clause. There is only one letter that should be there. As such I would say in modern usage either which or that are acceptable in this case.

I really can't be doing with grammar nazis. Especially when they are wrong!

Anyhow I really can't see what could be socially unacceptable about misspelling a word.

Miss Rare said...

I dont have an ptoblem whit mispelld wurds........

Gareth said...

@Miss Rare me neither. But then I'm dyslexic and the way I read I barely notice them. Makes proof reading almost impossible.

Miss Rare said...

Lysdexic? Tehn yuo suoldh'nt ahve prebloms rideagn isth.....;-)