Tuesday 17 May 2011

Moving Out


Moving out? Recognize the joy of helping your friend move?
Sure thing, I'd love to help you move out of your two bedroom apartment. Let me guess: you're on the 4th floor with no elevator again, right? And we'll be hauling cheap, disposable Ikea furniture that falls apart when you try to move it?

2 comment(s):

Bogdan said...

What's the deal with Americans and IKEA? They obviously buy the stuff, but ALL of them ALWAYS complain that it's poor quality, it falls apart and it's difficult to assemble. And it's really none of those things. I find IKEA's explanations very easy to follow, and all the furniture I bought from them is still intact years later -- even the furniture in the kid's room. I have no explanation for this, do you?

WordyGrrl said...

Yea, verily... Everything Oatmeal mentioned has happened to me. Because I am "friend with a truck."

I dare you. Buy a truck. No matter how small, if you have a truck friends you never heard of will suddenly start calling you for help.

IKEA or not, that "put-together, picture wood furniture" does not survive moves well.