Friday 7 January 2011

A Day At The Office


In the late 1960s Lawrence Luckham worked for Bell Labs managing a data center and developing an ultra high speed information retrieval system. It was the days of beehive hair on the women and big mainframe computers. One day he took a camera to work and shot some pictures.

(via Everlasting Blort)

2 comment(s):

Anonymous said...

Dear Gerard. My name is Jose, I'm from Portugal. I am a blogger, translator and computer teacher. I've been a Presurfer avid follower since I've started blogging myself 2 years ago. I have similar mission: to find interesting stuff on the web and publish it on my blogs so everyone can access it. Knowledge is to be shared. Anyway, I just wanted to say congratulations for your amazing blog and wish you a very happy 2011. I end with one question: cand you tell me what program do you use to make that shadow frame effect on your blog pictures?
Obrigado, Jose

Gerard said...

Thank you Jose for the nice words. And a Happy New Year to you too.
The shadows come with the Blogger template and I have no idea how it's done. Sorry!