Wednesday 7 July 2010

We're In The World Cup Final


The Netherlands reached their third World Cup final with a 3-2 win over Uruguay in a dramatic semifinal in Cape Town yesterday. The Dutch will play the winners of the second semifinal between Germany and Spain for the ultimate prize in football at Soccer City on Johannesburg on Sunday.

9 comment(s):

Miss Cellania said...

Congratulations!

Miss Rare said...

Thanks on behalf of the Dutch people Miss Cellania!Now all we need is to get that Cup! Go/Hup Holland!

Naacal said...

Congratulations!
After my team went poorly out (Italy), I began to cheer for the Netherlands and I'm now wearing only orange t-shirts until sunday. Sneijder plays in my favorite team also (Inter) and I really hope he will lift the World Cup.
What about an orange background for these days, Gerard? :)

Anonymous said...

well done, hope you win

Gerard said...

We're playing against Spain.
Will be tough, they're good!

The orange background? Only if we become the World Champions.

Anonymous said...

Hey good luck to Oranje...all the while whistling "Por eso se oye este refrán
Que viva España
Y siempre la recordarán
Que viva España
La gente canta con ardor
Que viva España
La vida tiene otro color (El mundo tiene otro color)
España es la mejor" Cheers and lets njoy the game!

Unknown said...

oh please Gerard, suddenly you're a true Dutchmen? You've been posting exclusively American stuff here, some of which, I, as a Belgian, can't even relate to... seems like a good time to ask you for more European posts ;)

Gerard said...

No, not suddenly. I've always been a Dutchman. Did I ever say I wasn't?
And yes, a lot of what I'm posting here is 'American stuff.' That's because 70% of my readers are from America.
If you think I should publish more European posts, why don't you help me by sending me some good links.

Maria said...

We're are happy here in Brazil, because, anyone who wins, it will be a victory of the real and beautiful football, that makes us go to the stadiums!!