Thursday 12 March 2009

Get Out Alive

Last Tuesday I posted a video that described how to survive a sinking car scenario. Yesterday I got an email from Mary Kay telling me the video has some serious inaccuracies.

She pointed me to her site 'Get Out Alive.' She started the site after her grandson became a victim of a sinking car. She has studied this problem and is trying to get accurate information out to the public.

(thanks Mary Kay)

2 comment(s):

Anonymous said...

No power accessories in my car...everything is manual. And if I have to ditch in a lake, I'm popping the rear hatch and going out the back.

daintybaker said...

They did a test of getting out of a sinking car on Top Gear with Richard Hammond, who tested the 'waiting for pressure to equalise on both sides of the door by letting the car sink' theory. From what I can remember, he had difficulty getting the door open once it sunk, and said that getting the hell out as soon as you possibly can is the best way. He managed to get the door open before it sank.
Keeping a glass breaker in the car would definitely be good, for something pretty cheap, it would save your life.